Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Let's Go Fly a Kite & Other Festivities

We had a great weekend as we celebrated Easter! We started early by going with some friends to an Easter Egg Hunt put on by the city of West Fargo. Coleman and Teegan loved playing in the "grass" where the eggs were hidden.


On Friday night we decided to color Easter Eggs. Coleman colored his eggs before putting them in the dye. He was fairly careful for a two year old, and we only lost 2 eggs. Teegan didn't love the whole experience, but I think we'll blame that on age, and the need to go to bed!


Can you guess who made each egg?

On Saturday, the weather was just right for flying kites! After going to dinner with some friends, we decided to make use of the crazy wind. Coleman was so fun to watch and kept running around as he attempted to hold on to the Kite. There were a few times that he let go, and then we all went running trying to catch it!


On Sunday, the boys got to have a mini egg hunt and see what the Easter Bunny brought them. Teegan and I pose for the camera with all our baskets lined up!

Coleman and Teegan in their Easter Sweaters! I actually bought them on sale, intending to use them this fall, but Teegan is growing so fast, I decided to use them for their Easter outfits!

That morning, we had Stake Conference, but it wasn't anything like what I was used to. They did a broadcast Stake Conference to like 7 different states in the mid-west, and we had the opportunity to hear from Elder Oaks, and President Monson. It was so good!


Anyway, to finish off the festivities, I attempted having a nice Easter dinner with Ham, Cheesy Potatoes, Green Beans, Biscuits, etc. Well the ham was dry, I ruined the potatoes somehow, the beans were cold, but the biscuits were okay! Oh well, all in all it was a great weekend! Wish we could do it again!

2 comments:

WhiteFamily said...

Your blog look is super cute and I love the font. Anywho...your Easter festivities look like a lot of fun! You were busy, busy, busy. I'll have to call you to hear more details about the indoor egg hunt and everything else going on in your life. Those sweaters were so super cute! I can't believe how big Teegan is...it's crazy! Your dinner looks yummy!

Brooke said...

The Easter "grass" reminds me of HS. Good times! :) I love seeing your family pics. And a big hoorah for Spring and warmer weather. I thought it would never come.