Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I am SO tired

To start off our long week, we celebrated Coleman's second birthday! When Coleman blew out his candles, he got to do it twice because he blew them out before I could get the camera turned on. In fact, he blew them out before we could even sing to him. Here is Brodie helping on the second try! So cute!


Blowing out candles wasn't the only thing Coleman got to do twice on his birthday. Opening up presents was another. The story: I wrapped up Coleman's presents and put them on the table and then ran to the store to get balloons for his birthday. I left Phil home with Coleman. He decided to take a nap. Who takes a nap with a two year old running around? Some babysitter he is! When I came home, wrapping paper was everywhere. Phil tries to blame it on me that I left the gifts where he could get them. I find it ironic that I had no problem keeping him out of his presents. Maybe it is because I stayed awake! :) Well, I wanted pictures, so I wrapped them up again.


Thanks Webers for joining us. We always have a blast with you guys! And Coleman thanks you for the cars!


Dad and Coleman playing with the train. My parents got Coleman GeoTrax for his birthday, and Phil and I decided to get him some additional parts. Now Phil and Coleman both have a train to drive. I'm still debating on who likes the toy more!


We also found a new toy for Teegan. Balloons! He has already spent hours on the floor holding the balloon string and watching it bounce around (not realizing that it is him bouncing it)! He is fascinated by it. Coleman is so good about sharing his birthday balloons. I'm not sure he has the option though! :)


That weekend, we tried to keep the birthday bash going for Coleman. Try being the key word. The Bartletts joined us on Saturday and were going to stay the night. However, Coleman got sick and they decided to head back to Grand Forks. At first we thought it was Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease, but after the long weekend, lots of phone calls to the doctor, and an Urgent Care visit, we came to the conclusion that it was Tonsillitis. Sorry Maggie for getting couped up because of the wrong diagnosis. Here she is eating a popsicle with Coleman and the dads!


Well, between Coleman and Teegan (who still is far from sleeping through the night), I have crawled out of bed eight times in eight hours for the past two nights. That isn't including the few times that Phil had to do it for me because my brain and body couldn't make the connection. I know it will get better soon. Its just a matter of surviving until then! :)

8 comments:

Giles Fam said...

Happy Birthday, COLEMAN!! That kills me that you had to re-wrap the presents. :) And I'm sorry that you haven't been getting much sleep. I swear, losing sleep effects your whole LIFE. Especially for extended periods of time. I hope it gets better for you!!

Chelsea said...

Yeah! HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLEMAN! How exciting. You have a two year old meg! thats just crazy. It'll be a fun year. Terrible twos. Haha. Love you. Can't wait to see you soon.

Heather and Justin said...

Maggie still had fun seeing Coleman and still asks for him. We will have to get together again soon! I hope you get some sleep! If I were there I would come over and stay the night so you could sleep through the night once in awhile. Miss you!

WhiteFamily said...

Glad Coleman had a fun birthday! I feel bad that Coleman had tonsillitis...that is so painful. Hope he is feeling better ~ and hope you are starting to get a little more sleep. We're rootin' for you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Coleman!!! We miss you buddy!!! Ty saw your new train & said, "Can we go to his house & play?"

Amber said...

Oh Megan - it's those awful sleepless nights that really get me. I'm so sorry! I don't function at all without sleep, so I hope it's improving for you. Coleman's birthday bash sounds exhausting - between doing gift wrapping twice and fighting sicknesses! I'm glad you figured out what was wrong and hopefully he's on the mend. We miss you and can't wait to see you next week!!! :) YAAAAHHH!!! I diddo your friend that said she'd come stay the night so you can get a full night's sleep! Maybe Coleman can have a sleepover with Tyson and Colby while you're in town. :) Love ya!

jen.nie said...

no way his is 2! he is growing up so fast... the cute little man.

Valarie said...

Happy birthday, Coleman! Man, you guys have been busy. Hope things get back to normal for you soon...