Thursday, September 11, 2008

The next Michael Phelps . . .


Coleman has started swimming lessons! Its so fun. The class is called Tadpoles and it teaches toddlers to get used to the water. After his first lesson, he learned to blow bubbles in the water (teaching him it is okay to have your face in the water) and how to kick. The parents have to get in with them. Thanks Phil for volunteering. I'd rather hold Teegan and take pictures than get in the frigid water! :)

Last weekend, we also went to the Parade of Homes, here in Fargo. It was a lot of fun and it was FREE!! I couldn't believe it. In Utah you have to pay $10 a person just to walk through houses. Anyway, it wasn't nearly as fancy as Utah's, but it was still fun. Someone once told us to make a book of things we like, so that when we build, we have something to start with. That won't be for like another ten years, but we can always start dreaming!
I loved this Kitchen. I think the red walls with those cabinets and the lighting underneath looks awesome! I also liked how much space there was around the island.

This bedroom was darling! It was a cowboy room and Phil and I both loved it. They draped cowboy hat lights over the headboard! So cute! Maybe when we're done with trains in Coleman's room, we'll do something like this!

I also really like these fireplaces. It makes me want to cuddle up in an over sized chair next to it and read a good book!

And of course I can't blog without adding a picture of Teegan. He is growing so fast. He has refused to nurse, so we have moved to just bottle feeding. This was causing him to spit up like crazy. We called the doctor and she said to put a little bit of rice cereal in his bottles. This is helping, but I'm having a hard time grasping the fact that he is starting to eat baby food. I am already feeling like he isn't my little baby anymore. :(

Phil taking Teegan for a ride in the dump truck!

7 comments:

Pierson family said...

Teegan is getting so big, he is so cute! We miss you guys, you should come visit soon. We are getting into the apartment Holly and Kyler were in in October so we will have more room to have people over.

Giles Fam said...

ahhhh! Cute post. I love that you included pics from the parade of homes. I've always wanted to go to one of those--I've just been to model homes. My mom and I used to go all the time, and I loved it! So fun to get ideas. And I thought that kitchen was to die for! Nice choice.

Sorry to hear you were having trouble with Teegan eating. Seriously, I don't think people realize just how stressful nursing can be. Atleast it stressed me out. Especially when I wasn't producing as much as I would like to, and the baby is crying--it made me emotional on more than one occasion. :) Glad you figured things out, though. Keep the posts coming! I love hearing what you guys are up to.

PS..oh yeah, and by the way, are you headed for Utah for the holidays?? let us know :)

WhiteFamily said...

YEAH Meg, only 3 more days til we get to hold that new little man you think is getting so big. We can't wait. Too bad about the nursing...it's so much work to get it going and even more work to keep it going. URG! It's so fun when kids actually like the water...my kiddos are fish when it comes to water and it is so much fun!

The Robisons said...

Your kids are adorable! How fun...it's crazy how much older they seem to get once they start doing the "big boy" things...swimming!!!! Crazy...Gene and I love walking through those homes too. When we lived in AZ we used to do it like once a month...we can always dream, right??

Sandy said...

That is so cool that you got to go to the parade of homes. I totally agree with you that the homes in Utah are nuts with stuff that I am likely never to afford but the pictures you posted are great. In fact I really want that Kitchen! I told Ryan that someday I want a tricked out Kitchen with all the gadgets and doo dads I can handle and if it has to be that I'll get it when I'm eighty well then fine. Hahaha. Also you little boys are growing up so fast I can't believe that Teegan is already eating baby food thats nuts. But I am glad that its helping with the spit up. Oh I can't wait to see him, are you guys going to be in S.L.C. during christmas? If so we need to talk and figure out how we can all get together, Ryan and I are already talking about going to see the Giles house so if you in the area maybe we can all go or meet up somewhere. Sorry this is so long haha. But i'll talk to ya soon k. Miss ya TONZ!!

Heather and Justin said...

Megan! I love the pictures of the homes. Just so you know the cowboy bedding is from Pottery Barn Kids! I absolutely love it and wish for a little boy to use that bedding for someday. I hope Teegan is getting better!

Valarie said...

So fun! I always wanted to go to the Parade of Homes, but also thought it was silly to pay for it! We'll have to catch it next year...I also love that cowboy room - so cute!