Tuesday, August 26, 2008

For those of you who don't know, we've moved! We have now made our home in Fargo, North Dakota. This is the shortest distance move we have done yet. A whopping 80 miles! We will be here for 9 months while Phil works on 2 of his clinical rotations before returning to Grand Forks where Phil will finish his last roatation in Crookston, just 20 miles out of G.F. The moving process was long and tiresome, but I think we have about gotten back to normal life. This was our fourth move in the past three years. With the exception of this last move, my dad has helped us with each move we have had. We decided he must be our good luck charm because all the other moves haven't been nearly as difficult as this one. A few good stories:
A couple hours after we move into our new place, we turn on the water, and there is a smell. A stinky, rotten egg, sulfury smell. It was HORRIBLE!!! We ran the water for ten minutes hoping it would go away. But instead of the water smelling better, the house stunk worse. Phil smelled even worse than the water and had to shower. His silver ring came out brown. We were worried. I was so scared of the water that I heated up water from a water bottle to wash my face. The next morning, maintenance came over and ran the water for a half hour and informed us that the water in West Fargo isn't very good, but it is sanitary and drinkable. Needless to say, we bought a Brita Water Filter to use for Coleman's sippies and Teegan's bottles. I will still be drinking bottled water. So it does smell better, but I can still smell the sulfur occassionally.
After the water fiasco, we headed back up to Grand Forks to clean and check out of our previous place of residence. This, however, didn't run very smoothly, either. We start cleaning and realized it was going to take us a lot longer than what we had planned. We changed our check out time to later in the day, and took a break for lunch with friends. When we returned to the apartment, they have painters in there already going to town on the walls. I flipped! (Phil would say that was an understatement!) First I yelled at the painters who didn't understand a word I said because one was Ukranian or something (we nicknamed him Borat) and the other was so high, it wasn't even funny (actually it was, but that's for another day). After my tantrum there, I stormed to the office and let them have it, too. I feel bad now, looking back at the situation. It turned out to just be a miscommunication in the office, but it got us out of a lot of cleaning!
And now, for our third and final (hopefully) trial of the move was trying to get our interent. We started searching and searching for a good company and ended up having to go with the one company we didn't want to. On Friday, we call and sign up, and they tell us our internet should already be working. It's not. We talk to all sorts of tech people and no one can help. On Monday I am tired of trying to use our neighbors wireless signal and call to get help for our own. Again, no one can help and they set up for a tech to come out on Tuesday. Later that afternoon, they call to tell me the tech won't be able to come until Wednesday. Once again, my temper got the better of me, and the poor girl on the other line got an ear full. However, I got my way, and the tech came this morning. He had to call the office while he was here, and I overheard the other person ask him if I had "ripped his head off". He was nice enough to reply "no, it really isn't that bad". I guess I am now famous at Multiband! :)

Sorry for the forver long post, I guess I needed to vent! Here are a few pics of our comings and goings.

Coleman got all wrapped up in the tape while we were packing. He is a silly kid!


Our babysitter:

Just kidding! Heather & Justin, and McKenzie were nice enough to take on that role. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your help! Coleman just LOVES to hold Teegan.

So we moved into a great ward and have already made some friends. Last night, we went to the lake with the Webers and the Seamons. It was so much fun! Phil will kill me for putting this picture on, but I thought it was too funny!

Coleman playing in the sand. I could not get him to look at me, so this is what you get. Sorry.

We kept Teegan out of the sun by keeping him in his carseat. So cute!

All of us eating S'mores! From L to R: Ashlee, Nick, Brodie, Austin, Phil, Coleman, Justice, & Liberty

11 comments:

Giles Fam said...

First off--I seriously have a hard time thinking of you "losing it" and yelling at people. I would have never guessed. :)

And secondly, you mean to tell me you just moved & you already have friends?! What's up with that?? Not fair!

Oh, and the pic of Phil in the water: CLASSIC

Giles Fam said...

ok, i just reread my post, and I wasn't being sarcastic about you yelling. I really can't imagine it

Holly Erhard said...

That picture of Phil is priceless and a little hairy! haha! I am glad to hear your move went well. So I guess you guys are in the GOOD ward?? We miss ya guys! Give Coleman a pinch on the cheeks for me and call Teegan Teegie for me. haha!

Heather Bartlett said...

Megan! I laughed out loud at this one! You sound just like me when I hit a certain point with the craziness that moving and little things can bring on. I knew somewhere inside we were soul sisters! Tell Phil that we LOVE the picture of him swimming. We miss you guys and Maggie says to tell Coleman hello for her. She misses him terribly.

WhiteFamily said...

Megan - your stories are hillarious! I love that you yelled at people. B usually sends me to work with people because they don't usually cross me like they do him. It's gotta be that Mott temper. Glad you got moved in. We can't wait to see you guys in just a couple of weeks! YEAH!!! PS - those goggles on Phil are funny funny!

Anonymous said...

All Phil needs are some arm floaties & white sunscreen on his nose & he's good to go!
Glad the move went well & you're enjoying Fargo!

Melissa said...

Moving can be such a headache, I was able to experience this last weekend moving my sister-in-law from Vernal to Lehi (what a choure). Cute picture of Teegan and Coleman together!! Hope all is getting better!

Nick and Ashlee Weber Family said...

Hey!! We found your blog. We are glad you are here in Fargo.

Valarie said...

Megan, You're missed here! Sorry to hear the move wasn't so smooth - hope it goes better in 9 months! Hope to see you soon.

DiAnn said...

Loved the pics. Phil you are halirious! Coleman you are wonderful and Teegan you grow more handsome everyday. I hope you are all setteled now and all is well. Sometimes Megan you just have to let people know how you feel so you don't get run over or ignored. It's true that it is the squecky wheel that gets noticed and oiled first.

jen.nie said...

BLAH i hate moving.