Teegan's first 4th of July!
So I absolutely love this time of year! The 4th of July is one of my most favorite holidays. I love getting together with family and all smashing into the condo in Park City. I love the Boy Scout breakfast, the wild wacky parade, the afternoon bbq, and of course the big firework show at night. This year, however, was very different. Phil and I attempted at keeping some of the traditions alive. We went to Village Inn for breakfast, then we headed out and bought way too many fireworks. (North Dakota doesn't have such things as illegal fireworks). Afterwards we went downtown where we saw a mini children's parade and a small car show. We then headed down to the Bronson's farm (a family in our ward) and had a blast hanging out with friends and eating good food! We ended the day climbing the berm and watching an excellent fireworks show put on by the city of Grand Forks!
We had so much fun on the 4th that we decided to keep it going. On Saturday, we had some friends over, and Phil used them as lab rats to try out some new dutch oven recipes. The ribs weren't my favorite, but the cake turned out awesome. Thanks to everyone who came and celebrated with us over the weekend! We had so much fun!
Phil with all his fireworks. At the store, he was like a kid in a candy shop!
Phil and Coleman with our friends, watching the children's parade.
Coleman and Maggie playing on the swingset at the Bronson's.
Coleman and I watching the fireworks and eating popcorn!
Phil with his dutch ovens on Saturday!
7 years ago










9 comments:
Your fourth looks like it was way fun even without Park City! I wish I were there for the yummy dutch oven dinner. I can just smell it now! YUMM!! You look so good with your skinny little body and all for only having a baby a couple weeks ago! My belly has that same bump and it is almost two years since I had a baby! URG! Owell - some day I'll be skinny and cute again! HAHA anyway - glad you had a fun holiday! Here's to in a couple years being all together for the 4th again!!!
Your fourth of July looks like it was a blast. I'm glad you had good friends to celebrate it with. We all did new traditions this year and that keeps life interesting but I still missed spending it with you. Phil...dinner looks like it was fabulous. When you come home you are going to be in charge of a dinner...watch out.
Megs, Teegan is SO cute! How fun to be a mom of two! And you're hair's fantastic. So cool that your sis is out here in Tel Aviv!!! I'd love to get her email and be in touch. I'm sure she can help me figure out where to go to church and all that! And it's always nice to see a familiar face. :) Hope all is well!
Megan this is chelsey moultrie black. Your family is so cute. Happy 4th.
So I love how in the picture of all of us there is a woman right in front of me, he he oh well. Thanks for having us over Saturday night it was so much fun! Let us know when you plan on doing those fireworks.
Sounds like you had a fun filled 4th of July! I know,it was so different this year not in Park City. Oh, well maybe next year we can all get together.
What a fun way to celebrate the 4th. I did miss Park City a little, too, but I always love doing new things on holidays. We look back at our 4th in D.C. as one of our very favorite, just because it was so different. Anyway, we sure missed you guys!!! But, it looks like you had a lot of fun. Love ya!
We miss your dutch oven phil
I have heard NOTHING except the most awesome compliments about Phil & his dutch oven cooking!!! When you come to visit, please bring it along, I'm dying to taste the goodness!!
Post a Comment