Monday, June 16, 2008

A Welcome Addition

Teegan R Roylance
Well, for those of you who don't know, and those of you who we couldn't call (Sorry!), we had our little baby boy last night. His stats are 6 lb 13 oz, 20 and 1/2 inches long and he was born at 11:42 PM (Yes on fathers day!). He is perfect and we couldn't be more blessed. The funny thing is the story behind the labor.
Megan started having contractions on Friday which were quite inconsistent. They lasted until Sunday, at about 3 pm, when they got really bad. We assumed that they would go away like all of the other times. We were going to have the missionaries come over for dinner at 5 PM, so we started dinner. Megan tried to help with the contractions and all, but around 4:30 we decided we had better get to the hospital. So we called our friends (the Bartlett's and Kyler Erhard) and they came over and fed the missionaries and took Coleman for the night. THANK YOU!!! When we got to the hospital they made us walk around for a while, which did the trick. She got her epidural around 7:30 and was in heaven. The baby decided to come at 11:42 with one push and was delivered by the nurse. He moved around so much he had the cord around his neck 3 times. But everything was fine after they cut the cord. Anyway we are glad he is here, even though it was 2 weeks early. We'll keep you posted as the news breaks!!!
Teegan just after birth!

Dad, mom and Teegan

First Family Picture

Teegan Sleeping

Proof that there is some blonde hair there!

12 comments:

Amber said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! We are really so very happy that everything went well for you and that he's here safe and sound. We LOVE his name and he looks just adorable. What a cutie!

Angi Gerrie said...

We are so darn excited for you! Congrats. He is so cute.

WhiteFamily said...

YEAH!!! I wish I were closer so I could hold your little guy. What a cute little blessing! Your little family photo is really cute. I love your hair Megan! Oh how fun to have an infant again...you might be making me a little baby hungry just by these pictures. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We are so happy for you guys!

Abby said...

Congrats! He looks perfect! I'm so glad everything went well. What does Coleman think of the little guy?
So do you still have to pay the Doctor if he didn't deliver the baby? :)

Sandy said...

Ryan and I are so excited for you!!! I am glad that labor came so easily, it gives me hope for my next one. Also we are happy to hear mom and baby are doing well. We miss you and wish we could hold little Teegan. Well keep posting so we can watch him grow. Love you guys.
The Walton's

The Teaching Mom and Wife said...

Congratulations! Hope everything continues to go well!

Chelsea said...

AH!!!! I'm so excited for you. I can hardley wait two months to come see little Teegan. And such a cute name. Perfect.

Pierson family said...

Congratulations! I love his name, we'll have to come see him. If you guys need anything let us know.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! He is so cute!! And Megan you look so pretty in all of the pictures! I like the name too.

Giles Fam said...

So So SO Excited for you guys!! Congrats. That is so awesome. That was a pretty short labor. NICE! You have such a cute little family!!

Oh, and SKy and I love the name Teegan. That's one we have talked about before. Nice choice :) It gets our approval. :)

Michelle said...

What a cute little guy. I can't believe how good Megan looks after labor. What a lucky gal! You have such a cute family. Congratulations!

Amber said...

WE NEED MORE PICTURES!!! :) I know you are super busy with little Teegan, but I can't get enough - we'd love to see more! Keep posting, please...