Monday, November 3, 2008

What I Wanted to Post the Past 2 1/2 Weeks, but Didn't Have TIME!

Halloween

To celebrate Halloween, we went and hung out with some of our friends. Here are all the kids lined up, getting ready to go trick-or-treating!

The Roylances preparing for "take-off"! :) This year, we decided to dress up Coleman as a pilot, Teegan as the co-pilot, I was the flight attendant, and Phil was the traveler. We took a picture with Phil and I dressed up, but it is on the other camera, and this post is long enough as it is! Maybe I'll get a chance to post it later! :)

Captain Teegan

Coleman trick-or-treating! This is the first year Coleman actually understood the concept. I'm sure he thought he was in heaven, walking around collecting candy or "chocut" (chocolate) as he calls it!

We played some games with the kids after dinner. I was in charge of a cake walk. Here are the kids going around, and around, and around!

Coleman desecrating his "cake" that he won after the cake walk. I just made some cupcakes for the kids to enjoy!

We had so much fun! Thanks everyone!

Halloween Activities


Coleman and I making sugar cookies!

Every year, it has become a Roylance tradition to make halloween shaped sugar cookies and take them around to friends. We had so much fun doing it, and it makes for great memories!

Another tradition is carving pumpkins, of course! Phil has informed me that this is his favorite! I'm just glad he is participating!

Coleman loves pumpkins almost as much as I do! He kept giving his pumpkin hugs and kisses!

Coleman, Teegan, and I with our pumpkins!

Coleman was so excited when we would light them!

Here is Coleman and Teegan making their grand debut as the newest pilots for "Royal Air"! We went to the church's trunk-or-treat activity on Wednesday and had lots of fun!



Our "Vacation" to Bismarck

We spent last weekend in Bismarck, while Phil attended a conference. The boys and I went with him, so we felt like we had a little vacation! To keep ourselves busy on Saturday, I took the boys to the North Dakota Heritage Center.
The heritage center was a museum that marked North Dakota's history starting at the very beginning with Dinosoar Bones!

There was a section on the 1920's-1940's and they had a "box car" for Coleman to drive. He thought that was great!

When Phil finished up on Saturday evening, we headed to dinner and then swimming. This was Teegan's first time swimming!

All of us enjoying some family time in the swimming pool!

Phil and Coleman going down the slide!

Going . . .

Going . . .

Gone!



Tag

My friend Ashlee tagged me, and I thought I would play along!

8 Favorite TV Shows
1. Grey's Anatomy
2. Private Practice
3. Biggest Loser
4. Friends
5. Gossip Girl
6. House Hunters
7. The Today Show
8. Men in Trees (except it got canceled) :(

8 Things I did Yesterday
1. Slept In!
2. Went to Stake Conference
3. Watched a Grey's Anatomy episode
4. Took a nap
5. Went to the Cook's for dinner
6. Watched part of the DaVinci Code
7. Cleaned up the Kitchen
8. Made Phil's lunch

8 Things I look forward to
1. The 3pm phone call (it means Phil is on his way home!)
2. Teegan sleeping through the night
3. Phil finishing school
4. Our big family vacation when he is done with school!
5. Seeing Family
6. Owning my own house
7. Twilight the movie to come out
8. Going to Grand Forks for Super Saturday

8 Favorite Restaurants
1. Cheesecake Factory
2. Chili's
3. Texas Roadhouse
4. Cracker Barrel
5. Olive Garden
6. Los Hermanos
7. Parker's
8. Panda Express

8 Things on my wish list
1. A Cabin
2. A trip to Tahiti
3. My house to magically be cleaned!
4. Build my Dream Home
5. Not always be so stressed about money
6. Replace the Kia so Phil will stop complaining
7. Time to slow down
8. All my projects to be complete!

Tag 8 people
I'm tagging whoever feels inspired to participate!


Adventure at the Corn Maze

A couple weekends ago, we went to a corn maze and had a blast! They had a mini carnival section with blow-up toys, food, and a small pumpkin patch. They also had a hay ride and the corn maze of course! When we started in the maze, we let Coleman choose which direction to go. After twenty minutes of wrong turns and Coleman begging to be carried, Phil took over and we made it to the end after another twenty minutes of searching! We came out muddy, starving, and aching from carrying children, but it was fun!

Jumping around on the blow-up toys!

Coleman hanging out with the scarecrows in the carnival section.

Mom and the boys on the hay ride.

Phil and Coleman right before we entered the maze.

Teegan and I on the bridge, overlooking the maze. Can anyone see the way out?!



Picture Tag!



My sisters did this picture tag, I thought it was cute! You go to your pictures file, open the 4th folder, then the 4th picture. I have to admit that I cheated a little because we don't store our pictures like that, so instead I went to our 2008 pictures folder, went to the 4th row and the 4th picture. It turned out being Coleman and I. Phil was trying to take a profile picture of me being pregnant with Teegan, but Coleman wanted to be in the pictures. Kind of silly, anyway, there you go!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan, you are always doing something so neat! I hope when we have kids I am able to do as much as you. Teegan looks so different from when we saw him just a few months ago, and Coleman is getting so big! You guys are all so cute together! Looks like you are having fun out there. We can't wait til we see you guys again!

WhiteFamily said...

So your costumes turned out super cute and I love the plane on the stroller...way fun idea for halloween. Your pumpkins are also very cute...very unique faces! You've been busy with all those fun activities! Thanks for posting pictures...Teegan is getting so big, the picture of him in his costume is to die for cute! Glad you had a fun holiday!

Brooke said...

Hopefully November will be a little slower for you, but then again, the traditions and activities break up the daily routine and make life so much fun. I love your costumes and all of the pictures of your cute family.

Giles Fam said...

Wow...that was quite the post! Can I just say you once again out-did yourself? You freaking made a plane for your kids' stroller? Who are you?! :) (and can you move closer to us, so I can be continually motivated by you? :) You are awesome...and your sugar cookies look amazing. for sure better than the ones I made. What can I say, I didn't grow up making them, and was never a big fan...but it's only been in the last couple years I've actually made them. maybe i'll learn. Anyway, love the post. You are so creative! Love you guys!! (P.S. I need to get your guys' new address. Will you be at this address for a while? let me know)

Valarie said...

Wow, you have been busy! I love all the autumn pics of the kids - so many fun things to do! Those costumes are GREAT! The stroller-as-airplane is the cutest! As were the kids, of course. Will we see you this weekend at Super Saturday?

Darcy said...

Love love love the "Plane" What a great idea! I need to update my blog with all our celebration! You have insired me to take get the camera out and do it! Miss you! I am tempted to drive up/over to see you and your boys!

Amber said...

Megan -
I'm so glad you finally posted...I was getting worried about you! There is so much to comment on...like how adorable your costumes were. When you sent the picture on dad's phone, I was SOO amazed. Where did you get all of your creativity? I definitely missed out on that gene. And, your cookies look awesome. We have the very same tradition - with multiple frosting colors and shapes. After we gave all of our cookies away, the boys complained that they didn't get to eat any, so I had to make another batch for us. :) I didn't know you were going on a little "vacation" to Bismark. Looks like you had a fun time. Those little get-aways are the best for getting fresh air and enjoying family time. Well - I'm glad you posted. You're having too much fun. btw - what do I owe you for the scentsy stuff and how do I pay you??????? Love ya!