Sunday, November 30, 2008

Embracing the Holidays

Starting with Thanksgiving. This year was quite different for Phil and I because it was the first time we celebrated by ourselves, with the exception of our friends Anna and Dusty joining us for dessert that night. Can I just say, we loved it! We were able to make the foods that we wanted to eat, eat when we wanted, and I was able to set the table with my china. Phil helped a lot with dinner, and we were both in a good mood (always a positive) and so we weren't stressed at all. Well, okay I stressed a little about the food actually tasting as good as it looked, and it did! Yay! I accomplished making my first Thanksgiving dinner on my own. Of course, not with out a gazillion phone calls to mom (Thank you, by the way)! :)
Phil carving our delicious turkey!

Teegan had to entertain/feed himself while we were busy with those last few preparations of dinner. Sorry buddy! Thanks for being a good sport! :)

Our Thanksgiving table. I was so excited to finally get to use a lot of pieces of my china. Oh and I just have to add that the pumpkin bowl that has the mashed potatoes in, $1. Can you believe that? I love the clearance section at Wal-Mart!




We also went to a Holiday Lights Parade last week, and had so much fun. I think we might have gotten more candy from that parade, than we did all of Halloween. After the parade, they had a fireworks display. Not the grandest I've seen, but still definitely fun to enjoy with my husband and kids!



At the end of the parade, the man of the hour finally arrived! Old St. Nick! Funny story, we watched Fred Claus the other night, and now whenever Coleman sees Santa, he doesn't call him Santa Claus, he calls him "Ho, ho".


We spent the rest of the weekend Christmas shopping attempting to hit the good deals! And then of course decorating our house for Christmas! I hope everyone enjoys this holiday season!

4 comments:

WhiteFamily said...

Megan, Your table looks great and your rolls look yummy! I love the pumpkin bowl. I am regretting not bringing my china with me to Israel. I have never had so many opportunities to use it as I have in the last 10 months. Glad you have had a fun week. It is hard to get into the christmas spirit here...since they don't celebrate it at all!:( Looks cold at the parade!

Anonymous said...

You're kidding, FARGO didn't have a parade as grand as the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade???? Just kidding, you are so brave to bundle up the kiddos for a boring parade! Nice job with the dinner too!

Brooke said...

Congratulations on your first Thanksgiving dinner! I'm so glad it went well. :)

WhiteFamily said...

OK So I'm in love with some of the songs you chose...I might have to add some of your songs to my list!!!