Monday, November 10, 2008

"Seriously? Seriously."

I am beggining this post by saying that I love the Christmas holiday. I love the atmosphere, the joy, the christmas lights, presents under the tree . . . you get the picture. BUT in the words of Gray's Anatomy, "Seriously? Seriously." I don't appreciate listening to "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" while walking through the isles of Wal-mart on November 1. I can't believe that everyone is just skipping over Thanksgiving. Yes the holiday called THANKSgiving. Are we that bad of a society that we have decided not to celebrate the one holiday that we focus on being grateful for what we have! Well enough of my ranting and raving. I have a husband who is excited to go Christmas shopping, and many good friends (Giles & Walton) who, I am sure, have been listening to Christmas music for quite some time now. Please don't take offense. I just am wishing fall wasn't going away so fast. I'm afraid I might not be ready for winter just yet! However, North Dakota is definitely showing it's bright winter signs. The other night, we got a light dusting of snow. Some friends were over, and as they were leaving, Coleman took off running out the door in a shirt and shorts (no socks or shoes). He immediately starts dancing in circles on his tip toes in the snow yelling, "I'm freezin' I'm freezin'!" Phil and I could not stop laughing. It was so hilarious! Coleman is getting so much older and learning so much. I can't believe how much he is saying now. The other day, I was being the typical emotional mother and started to cry over who knows what. Coleman looks at me very concerned and says, "What's wrong mamma?" I immediately stopped crying and had to smile at him. Wow! What an amazing son! Here he is eating ribs with dad!

I forgot to post about Phil and Coleman's tree climbing a month ago. I don't really have any other pictures to post, so I thought I would add this one! It's pretty cute, don't you think?


Well, I guess I'll just remind everyone of a wonderful holiday happening on November 27th. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

*Don't worry, I'm sure I will post before then!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

I love Coleman's face from up in that tree. Truly Classic! And although I too love Christmas, I agree we should wait until after Thanksgiving to break out the Christmas fare. :)

Giles Fam said...

Uuuuuummmmmm....so I might fit that obsessive Christmas person description. And yes, we listen to Christmas music already. And I have to warn you to turn the volume down when you go on my blog. :) What can I say? But TRUST me, I NEVER forget Thanksgiving. Seriously, I love that holiday...but for me...they are so close together, they go hand in hand. You can be thankful...for the birth of our Savior, right? :) Just kidding...but not. You know what I mean.

No feelings were hurt! :)

WhiteFamily said...

I thought it was funny that we were already hearing Christmas music in the stores before we left...it's just crazy! I have to say that Phil really gets into his food. What a funny picture and yes I'm jelous of your dinner...it looks soooo good!

K. Bitton said...

This is the first year it has bothered me that everyone skips Thanksgiving. But I have to admit, I am a little too excited for Christmas this year too! I promise I won't forget to be grateful for what we have though ok? =)

Unknown said...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!Thank you and Amen!

Melissa said...

I feel the same way about jumping the gun for christmas...I'm not ready! Well Jared is in South Dakota (The city of Wall I believe). He has been watching the weather like crazy the last week...you guys (well to the south) got tons of snow. I thought of you. I love the ribs picture...so cute, the look on Colemans face -priceless!

Popcorn House said...

Totally agree with you. Drives me crazy that you can't even find any Thanksgiving decorations (or cute ones!)

Hey, I am going to add your blog to ours.

WE MISS YOU! Thanks for the great cookie recipe.

Suzanne