Happy Easter everyone! We have been busy with egg hunts, coloring eggs, and all the other activities that come with Easter. Our neighborhood had an Easter Egg hunt last week.
Afterwards, we stayed and played at the park with friends!
That afternoon, we went to the zoo and participated in their Easter Egg hunt. There were SO many people and it was crazy. Coleman and Teegan LOVED seeing all the animals. I think Coleman's favorite were the penguins, and Teegan's favorite was probably the Tiger. He kept growling like one. It was so cute!
On Thursday we colored Easter Eggs. Within the first two seconds, Teegan grabbed one of the cups and dumped bright pink all over the table, but I guess that is what you should expect with a toddler! My table has a nice pink hue to it now. Oh well! 
We had a wonderful morning checking to see what the Easter Bunny left. I think he may have gone a little over-board. In his defense, Coleman really, really needed/wanted a bike, and what better time to receive one than in the spring when you can actually take it outside and ride it!
Phil also received a "little" gift from the Easter Bunny. He has been saving up to get a nice BBQ grill, and yesterday, he was finally able to! It is one with infra-red technology or something. You would have to ask Phil. I'm just glad we have one so we can grill steaks, ribs, chicken . . . oh the possibilities for dinner have just opened up!
Oh and I also wanted to post about this dessert. I saw the recipe on the box of Nilla Wafers, and decided to try it. Am I glad I did! Wow! It is so yummy! Here is the recipe:
Lemon-Raspberry Mousse Squares
48 Nilla Wafers
3/4 Cup Boiling Water
1 Pkg. Jell-o Lemon Flavor Gelatin
1 Cup Ice cubes
1 Pkg. Cream Cheese (8 oz), softened
1/4 Cup Sugar
2 tsp. Lemon juice
1 tub Cool Whip
1/3 Cup Raspberry preserves (jam)
Fresh Berries
Stand 16 wafers around edge of plastic wrap-lined 8" square pan. In small bowl add boiling water to gelatin mix; stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in ice until melted. Beat next 3 ingredients in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually beat in gelatin. Whisk in 2 Cups Cool Whip. Pour half the gelatin mixture into prepared pan; cover with 16 wafers. Microwave preserves on HIGH 15 sec. or until melted; brush onto wafers. Top with remaining gelatin mixture and wafers. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Invert dessert onto plate; top with remaining Cool Whip and berries. Enjoy! So YUMMY!
Anyway, we are off to Disneyland tomorrow. Can't wait! Happy Easter everyone!
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Easter 2010
Posted by Megan at 1:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
Wow you guys look lik eyou guys had a great Easter. I love the Grill super fancy!!! Elizabeth misses Coleman so much, she also got a bike for easter, thanks to Grammy. I wish they could ride them together! We miss you guys!
Oooo, the recipe sound Delish! I'll have to try it. You guys had an awesome Easter, good for you, the kids look like they had a great time! I can't wait for Dani to be excited for that stuff. Looks like you are doing well! Super cute pics.
Post a Comment