We spent last week vacationing in sunny California! It was so wonderful, and warm, and exhausting, all at the same time! We went with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Nate and Uncle Danny. I'm so glad they joined us, because we really needed those extra sets of hands!
The boys were so excited about this trip. In the few days leading up to it, every time we had to go somewhere, Coleman would always ask (or sometimes demand) that we go to the airport, so we could fly to "Mickey's Castle"!
We flew down on Monday, April 5, in the morning. The second we checked in to our hotel, we headed for Disneyland!
Right as we walked into the park, we realized a parade was starting, so we quickly found some great seats, and started our trip off watching all the Disney characters sing and dance. The boys faces were classic! PERFECT way to start!
It really wasn't busy Monday night, and we were able to ride all of the classic Fantasy Land rides without much wait at all! We also headed to "Toon Town".
Teegan driving Donald Duck's boat!
We then went back to the hotel and met up with Grandpa and Grandma (who had driven down).
The next morning, we got up nice and early and took advantage of our Early Bird pass! We had Breakfast in the Park with Minnie Mouse. I LOVE this! The food is so yummy, and it's lots of fun to be entertained by all the characters while you are eating! :)
The park got really crowded, I mean REALLY crowded. Apparently, it was California's spring break, too! It didn't keep us from going, going, going, though! We spent nearly 15 hours at the park, and by the end we were all so tired! 

We stopped in at the "Mad Hatter" and Coleman saw the Pluto hat. He tried it on, and refused to take it off! He looked so cute with it on, we couldn't resist getting it for him! But then, of course, Teegan and Phil had to get hats too! 
On Wednesday morning, we got up and headed to the beach! We were just a few minutes away, when Coleman puked EVERYWHERE! I guess he got carsick, because he acted totally fine after that. Poor Grandma's van stunk so bad! Anyway, the weather was perfect (I thought) for sitting at the beach. There was a light breeze and a cloudless blue sky. I LOVED it! Teegan went in the water once, and stayed very far away after that! It was a little chilly! Coleman loved catching the minnows, finding seashells/sand dollars, and being covered in the sand. It was very relaxing and fun for all of us!
We headed back into the park again that night, but it was still so crowded, we only went on 3 rides and then called it quits!
On Thursday morning, we headed to California Adventure. We got there right as they opened the gates, and we RAN to their newest ride, "Toy Story Mania". We went on this ride 4 or 5 times! It was lots of fun, and Phil says, by far "his favorite"! We spent the rest of the very HOT and Sunny day exploring and having fun!
I somehow missed putting this in the collage, and Coleman looked so cute, I just had to blog it! :)
On Friday morning, Grandma, Grandpa, Nate, and Danny, started their drive back home. We still had one more day, and decided to go back into the park. The funny (and sad) thing was that it wasn't nearly as busy as it had been on Tuesday and Wednesday. We took it very slow, and went on all of Coleman and Teegan's favorite rides, like Winnie the Pooh, Dumbo, and Buzz Lightyear.
That afternoon, we headed back into California Adventure and went to the Playhouse Disney Puppet Show. It has all the characters from the cartoons on the Disney Channel (which is on at our house almost every morning). Coleman LOVED this! He thought it was the best thing ever!
The last thing we did was watch the Pixar parade. The boys loved seeing it, especially Lightning McQueen and Mater. After that, we left the park and went back to the hotel to pack up for our early morning flight.
I think we all had lots of fun, and I'm sure our feet have never been so sore! Disney World, anyone?! :)
7 years ago










6 comments:
Sounds exhausting...but looks super fun! Everything looks fabulous...glad you had good weather. We've been wondering how your trip went...thanks for posting pictures!
PS - Mom says, "May 30th"
how fun! First off, I can't believe we missed seeing you guys there by literally ONE WEEK. So sad. but I think it's hilarious because Cali tried that Pluto hat on, too---you'll have to see pics of her in it (when I actually post) and she ALSO threw up in our car. LOVELY. Glad you guys had fun!!
SO MUCH FUN!!! Thanks for posting pictures. My boys are SOOOOO jealous that Coleman and Teegan got to TOUCH Lightning McQueen! They still feel jipped about him not being there last time we went...
Your trip looks like it was perfect! I'm so glad you guys had a good time. Disneyland really is the happiest place on earth. :)
Your kids are officially the cutest things ever. It looks like you guys had so much fun. I really think the next large mott family vaca we plan should be to disney land. DJ still has his disney V card. We need to fix that.
Post a Comment