Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Oh What Do You Do In The Summertime?

Some of our favorite summer activities are enjoying Phil's dutch oven cooking. A few weeks ago, he did a pot roast, and it was delicious! Just an FYI, Phil wants me to start documenting his cooking, so you'll probably see lots more food pictures in the future!
Before:

After:


If you live in North Dakota, you get to enjoy baby birds in the Summer time. A swallow built it's nest right in the upper corner by our front door. At first I was annoyed, but now it has been a lot of fun to see the little babies.


We also LOVE the fresh produce we receive (it doesn't happen very often this far North, unless you want potatoes or sugar beets!) Here are my boys lovin' the watermelon!



And one of our most favorite summer activities is to go CAMPING! We went this weekend with some friends and had a BLAST!

Coleman and Teegan on our LONG drive to the campground. We had planned to go to Warroad, Minnesota, but when we got to there, we weren't very impressed, so we continued on down the road for another 45 minutes, and we found this FABULOUS campground called Zippel Bay State Park.

By the time we arrived, both boys had peed through, so we had to sit in the car until dad could get the tent set up and our bags out for clean clothes. I was doing my best trying to keep them occupied, because they were going CRAZY!

Enjoying the great outdoors (and some cookies)!

The park was right on the bay of Lake of the Woods, which was a HUGE lake on the border of the U.S. and Canada. It had a nice beach, and the boys just LOVED playing in the sand.

Phil and Teegan playing on a Big Rock!
The boys digging in the sand.

Dusty trying to wade out to the rock, but he chickened out! :)

Our beautiful campsite with the bright sunshine on Saturday afternoon!

Coleman had so much fun spending all day and all night outside.

Teegan taking an afternoon snooze in the tent.

Anna and baby Samantha!

Phil making us a delicious BBQ Chicken dinner with Potatoes, Rolls, and Blackberry Cobbler for dessert! Yum!

This is what happens when you give a 13 month old some licorice . . . a very sticky mess!

Dusty was nice enough to let Coleman watch "Cars" on his laptop. I think this might have been one of Coleman's favorite activities of the whole trip! He couldn't take his eyes off the screen!

There was lots more happening, but my camera died, so I don't have anymore of our little outing. It was great to go camping and enjoy time with friends. Thanks Butlers and Piersons for letting us join you! We can't wait for the next one!

4 comments:

Giles Fam said...

First off--Phil, recruit Sky to do some dutch oven cooking

Secondly--LOVE those kid-size camping chairs!! Where did you get them??

and Thirdly--your kids are adorable. I'm glad you'll so much closer--in BOISE!!

WhiteFamily said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Isn't crazy how much stuff you need to go camping? We went for a picnic up the canyon and had the entire truck bed full of stuff! Love the naked babies in the car...that's life right!

Chelsea said...

This looks like so much fun!!!! better get all that campin in before the snow starts fallin again!

Sandy said...

Oh man I dream about Phil's dutch oven cooking. I certainly miss camping out in the mountains of Idaho with you guys and the Giles such fun. Hopefully we'll be able to do that again someday so I can have some of Phil's delicious Peach Cobbler yum yum...you can so tell I'm pregnant all I do is talk about food. Miss ya!!!