Fargo during the Flood of 1997
I am nearly in tears. I am getting this sick, nervous feeling. I can't believe what I have been seeing. Eastern North Dakota is facing a HUGE flood. They are predicting this flood to be as bad and possibly worse than the flood of '97 (please refer to above picture). I am not so worried about where I live, seeing how I'm nearly 3-4 miles from the major rivers, but I still feel just awful about so many others in my community that are having to prepare for the worst. Phil spent all weekend sand-bagging some of our ward member's homes. We went for a drive on Sunday afternoon to see the preparations and the onslaught of water. Here are a few pictures. It was raining cats and dogs, so I know a lot of these pictures might be hard to see. (Isn't that great, we have a week-long forecast of rain to add to this madness.)
City workers and volunteers have been going 24/7 since Thursday.
Here is one of the clay dikes they have built right across a road.
So much water, and still so much more is coming . . .
If you would like to see more updates, just click on the link: Valley Flood Watch; or you can go to the city of Fargo's homepage: Flood 2009
I also had to add pictures of my cute boys! They were so good on our long drive!
Coleman
Teegan
P.S. Teegan started cutting his first tooth today! Yay!
7 years ago










5 comments:
Oh my, Megan. I would be nervous, too. We'll keep your valley in our prayers. Teegan's smile is so absolutely adorable - what a cutie! Grandma's flowers still look gorgeous and add a lot of sunshine to a dark room. :)
I keep hearing about this on TV. We are thinking of you and hoping you are okay.
I'm glad you guys are safe, and I hope the worst is over....
Scary! I'm glad you're out of harms way...
You're boys are getting so big! They're adorable! We miss you guys.
I heard about all of this on the news while I was watching for tornado watches in our area and thought of you guys! Hope all is well!
Post a Comment