Today, I am posting five recipes for dinner that I use over and over and over again! We need some change! My sister gave me this idea to blog some recipes, encourage others to blog recipes as well, and then we will all be able to try some new dinner menus! Yay! Here are my five:
Mimi’s Café Corn Chowder
4 Tbsp Butter
6 Tbsp Onion, chopped
¾ Cup Celery, diced
2 ½ Cups Hot Water
2 Cups Potatoes, cubed (or 4-5 med. Potatoes)
3 Cups Corn (Canned or Frozen)
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Salt
Pinch of Pepper
3 Tbsp Butter
3 Tbsp Flour
Quart of Half & Half
Melt 4 Tbs butter in large stock pot. Add celery and onions and sauté 5 minutes or until soft. Add water, potatoes, corn (if using canned, drain first), sugar, salt and pepper. Boil 30 minutes until tender. In a smaller pot, make basic white sauce by melting 3 tablespoons of butter. Once melted, whisk in flour. Add 2 cups half & half. Continuously stir until sauce comes to a full boil. Add white sauce and rest of half & half to vegetables. Heat through. Add parsley flakes for garnish, if desired.
Chicken Roll-Ups
1 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Milk
¼ tsp Onion Powder
1 ½ tsp Parsley
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 pkg. Crescent Rolls
4 oz. Cream Cheese
1 Chicken Breast
2 Tbsp Butter
½ Cup Bread Crumbs (I use dry chicken stuffing mix)
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
Boil Chicken and shred. Mix butter, milk, onion powder, parsley, salt and pepper, and cream cheese. Add chicken. Drop spoonfuls in center of rolls and roll up. Dip in butter and breadcrumbs. Bake 15-20 minutes at 350º. While baking, heat soup up according to directions. I like to make it thicker and creamier, so I use milk instead of water. Place rolls on individual plates and pour soup on top. Serve.
Homemade Pizza
Dough:
1 ½ Cups Warm Water
1 Tbsp Yeast
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
4 Cups Flour
Pour warm water into mixing bowl and sprinkle yeast on top, stirring to dissolve. Add sugar and salt. Then mix in flour one cup at a time. You know you have enough flour when the dough isn’t sticky to the touch. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes to develop the gluten.
Sauce:
(I think it is easier and just as tasty to buy Pizza Sauce, but I added a recipe if you would rather.)
1 8oz. can Tomato Sauce
¼ tsp Oregano
¼ tsp Thyme
¼ tsp Garlic
¼ tsp Chili Powder
Dash of Salt & Pepper
Spread dough out and move to greased pan. Top with sauce, cheese, and desired toppings. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Chicken Salad Sandwiches
1 Chicken Breast, boiled and cubed
¾ Cup Celery, diced
3 Tbsp Green Onion, finely chopped
1 Cup Purple Grapes, cut
1 Cup Red Apples, diced
1 ½ Cups Mayo or Miracle Whip
½ tsp Lemon Juice
5 Large or 8-10 Small Bakery Croissants
Mix chicken, celery, onion, grapes, and apples. Add mayo and lemon juice and stir. Cut croissants in half and add spoonfuls of mixture.
*I usually serve these with Baked Potato Chips, recipe courteous of Martha Stewart (except we omit the cayenne pepper).
German Pancakes
I know, I know, breakfast for dinner? But in truth we have these a couple times a month!
5 Tbsp Butter or Margarine
6 Eggs
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Flour
½ tsp Salt
Preheat oven to 400°. Melt butter in 9 x 13” pan. Whip eggs in mixing bowl until thick and lemon colored in a blender. Add milk, flour, and salt. Blend until smooth. Pour egg batter into pan with melted butter. Bake 15-20 minutes. Check to make sure center is semi-firm. Serve with Maple Syrup and Powdered Sugar.
*Just a reminder, this is NOT a tag, I am just encouraging you to post on your blogs some recipes so we can all share!
*************************************************************************************
Now, as for a quick update, we went to Minneapolis last weekend so Phil could attend a Preparation class for Boards! However, I don't know why, but I never pulled out my camera, so there is nothing to document the trip. Also, we are all AMAZINGLY enough, Healthy! Well, there you go!
7 years ago










9 comments:
Hi! That is funny-my mom used to make those chicken roll ups alot. I just made them yesterday for the first time! (I know, I don't cook alot). The other recipes sound good too! I'm only going to work part time now, because apparently I don't cook and clean enough-says andrew :[ So I'm looking forward to making LOTS of new things! Oh yeah-Teegan looks so much different in those pictures, alot older, and andrew said more like COleman. Stay warm,and healthy! :)
Megan! I can't wait to visit with you this weekend. I don't know if you have been over to my blog recently but I put two of my absolute favorite recipes on there last week, you have to go and grab those babies! I could send you all the recipes my sister has asked for because I have them saved on my computer.
That is such a good idea! And don't kid yourself, I'm totally going to have to copy those down. Maybe I WILL try posting recipes. Let's see if I feel adventurous. :)
i'll find some good recipes to post, but until i do you should check out this blog-
http://kukikookbook.blogspot.com/
Its done by a girl i work with. They are really yummy and really easy recipes.
Those recipes look good...I'll have to get mine typed up here soon...maybe today. We just made homemade pizza using that recipe on Tuesday and it turned out so good! Thanks for posting...I'll have to call you soon. Glad your trip to Minneapolis was fun. I'll have to get the details. Love ya!
Megan I will be sure to do that! We should actually do our food blog... that would be a great way... we fizzled out after 4 posts! haha! Hope all is well with you!
Love H
Hey Megan...how are you? Your boys are so cute! I'll try posting some recipes this week..I am excited to try yours. I'm glad you guys are doing good. If you are ever in AF...let me know. I would love to get together!
I recently posted my entire cookbook in pdf format on our blog. I'd like to point out a few favs if you want to check it out. Orange chicken on pg. 106, Sesame Chicken pg. 109, Slow Cooker Taco Soup pg. 136, Chicken Caesar Wraps pg. 68,Shepherds Pie pg. 124
Do you still make that creamy egg sauce that you pour over the toast that is ripped in pieces. I think about that every once in awhile!
Post a Comment