So I haven't really blogged for a month now, and I appologize for that. Last week, I said I would be updating soon, that was before round two of the flu came through our house. We are all now officially healthy, however, the weather has become drastically cold (so cold that there are warnings that if you are outside longer than ten minutes, frostbite may occur). So once again, here I sit inside lounging around in my pajamas! :) At least I'm finally accomplishing something, rather than vegging on the couch waiting for the nausea to pass. This post is a big mix of the holidays and the little moments of our lives since.
The boys all stuffed in Coleman's Lightning McQueen tent (from Santa). This was right after we got back from our trip to Utah. We spent that next day just hanging out and relaxing! (Well, besides Phil, who was stuck doing homework all day.)
Teegan trying out his big brother's Big Wheel.
Food, food, and more food!
Coleman, Elmo, and the "nanas"
Before Christmas, Coleman started to have this funny infatuation with his "Tickle Me Elmo". He started doing things for Elmo that we would do for Teegan. Coleman would put Elmo "ni,night", hold Elmo and pat his back, and of course, feed Elmo. One Sunday morning, we were getting ready for church, and Coleman comes and tells Phil, "Elmo, nanas". Phil didn't understand, until he came down stairs and saw that Elmo, did indeed, have a banana!
Coleman with his chocolate milk mustache! So funny!
Teegan just started with the Biter Biscuits. After I saw the mess they made with Coleman, I swore I would never do them again, but here I am. Teegan LOVES them. He can eat a whole biscuit in just five minutes. He is a disaster afterwards, but that makes up for the five minutes of peace, right?
He also loves his sweet potatoes! He actually has eaten pretty much everything we've given him so far. He struggled a little bit with peas at first, but now he just chows down!
CHRISTMAS
I know, I know, it is way late to be blogging this, but I use this as my journal, so you'll just have to deal with it!
Santa's Village
A couple weeks before Christmas, we went to Santa's Village with some friends. We had a lot of fun with the activities they had set up!
Writing a letter to Santa
Coleman makes a pretty cute elf!
Coleman gets to see Santa Claus, but he wasn't too happy about it, until he got a sucker!
Coleman and Brodie decorating sugar cookies with Mrs. Santa
On a horse-drawn sleigh ride!
Dasher and Dancer, or is it Prancer and Vixen?
Our "pre-Christmas" celebration!
Doesn't Teegan make the perfect Christmas present? He learned to roll under the tree and then he would sit and swat at my ornaments. He's got a lot to learn by next year! :)
We were going to be in Utah for Christmas, and decided it would be too hard to get our present's there, so we did a pre-Christmas! It turned out to be a lot of fun, and it helped prep Coleman for the big day!
Teegan with his new hat! Hopefully that will help keep him warm enough!
Dad with his Guitar Hero, need I say more?
Coleman helps me open up my cute black boots!
Christmas in Utah
We drove down to Minneapolis on the 23rd, and went to the Mall of America, which surprisingly, wasn't that crowded! We flew out the next day to Utah, so we could be with family for Christmas. So fun!
Teegan in his adorable mickey mouse santa hat, courtesy of Grammy and Grumpy! Don't mind that hidious lady holding him, she had been traveling ALL DAY!
Our lovely Nativity picture (minus a few)! My sister, Amber, is so talented and sewed a bunch of costumes for the Nativity. Phil got to be Joseph, I was Mary, Teegan was baby Jesus, Coleman was a wiseman, as was Grammy and David. Colby was a shepherd and Tyson and Kage were angels. I love to hear the story, and it is fun to have the children act out the parts. What a perfect Christmas Eve activity!
The annual family Christmas p.j.s picture. We're missing a few this year, though. Ashley and her family weren't able to join us, and our soon-to-be Sis-in-law (Kathryn) was with her family. Hopefully in the future it will be all of us!
Sledding with Grammy and Grumpy
On New Year's Day, we got up and went sledding. We stayed up way too late, and because of our children, got up way too early, so once again, here is a fabulous picture of me. Oh well, doesn't Teegan look so cute in that big puffy snow suit? (Thanks Amber!)
When we found out we were headed to Utah (my parents bought us plane tickets-thank you, thank you!), we thought it might be fun to surprise Phil's parents. And, surprise, it was! Their reaction when we walked in on Christmas day was priceless!
While we were staying with them, they wanted to take Coleman to Chuck E. Cheese. Coleman loved it and got mad when we had to leave. Here he is hanging out with the man of the hour, Chuck E. Cheese!
Teegan and Coleman ridin' the rides.
I just love his smiles!
We also made "Hot Air Balloons" with his family. After we had so much fun doing it in Mapleton, we taught my family how to do them. They weren't quite as successful, but we still had lots of fun!
Kendra and Kyle hold up Phil's balloon while he and Andrew light it.
7 years ago










2 comments:
Ok so I don't know how I missed the fact that you finally blogged. Your pictures have been so fun to look at. I was just about to call and see if all was well. I'm not used to you not blogging! Glad to hear you are feeling better. I'm loving Teegan. He looks so much like your baby pictures. He's a mini you...CUTE!! Anyway, I laughed at the pictures of Coleman as an elf, Teegan as a present under the tree, and the one of Teegan trying to ride the bigwheel. He looked so happy! Anyway, thanks for all the pictures to look at. We'll have to call you one of these days!
Diddo...I missed that you posted, too. Anyway, THANKS for the update. I've been wondering what happened to you - - and I did get your phone message the other day, just didn't return the call (what's new, right?) :) WAY CUTE pictures and I'm glad I got to be at so many of the same things with you this Christmas! Love the update and glad to know you're all feeling better...well, except Teegan now. Wish you ALL well! Love ya tons!
Post a Comment