Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Season of Gratitude

Lately, my heart is so full with gratitude for the blessings in my life. I was glad I was able to go to the General Relief Society meeting. It was so good! I really enjoyed President Uchtdorf's talk about our happiness and how we should focus on our accomplishments, instead of on the negative. I can't wait for the rest of conference this weekend!
I am grateful for this fall season! I have quite the infatuation with the smell of warm bread baking, crisp leaves falling, and bright, colorful pumpkins.
I also want to express my appreciation for my family. I can't get it out of my head how lucky and fortunate I am. The other day I saw a news story about a family who's two year old son just survived his second heart transplant. That stopped me in my tracks. Here I was complaining that my baby wasn't sleeping through the night. Look at the trials that family is dealing with. I truly am so blessed to have two beautiful healthy boys. They have the sweetest little spirits, and are constantly making me smile. And Phil, my sweet, patient, handsome husband. Oh, where would I be without him? (Probably not in North Dakota)! :) He is so wonderful and does so much for me. Thank you, sweetheart! I am having the hardest time trying to think of the right words to express how much I love and appreciate my little family. And how blessed I feel.
I guess that's enough of the mushy stuff! The weather here has been fantastic the past week, and we have enjoyed being outdoors. Here are some pictures of our activities:

The other day, we went on one of our last bike rides of the season to feed the ducks!

Coleman helping Phil clean out the cars. We're "winterizing" them! Not really, it is just that it will be too cold to do it soon, so we took advantage of a warm afternoon.

Teegan enjoying a sunny day outside! He is getting so big and chunky. His thighs are getting some serious rolls! LOVE IT!

6 comments:

WhiteFamily said...

We do have a great family don't we! I'm with you on being excited for conference. It will be so nice to actually see/hear some of it this time. (We don't get it in Israel). Glad you are enjoying the beautiful weather...looks like you are having fun and staying busy!

Giles Fam said...

I loved this post. Very well said, and I love the pics of your cute little boys!

K. Bitton said...

What a great post! I too love this season!

Sandy said...

Oh I wish I could have watched more of the General Relief Society Meeting but Hailey wasn't being good and I had to take her home. But I appreciate you telling your humbling experience because I am feeling humble too. Which is good I think we all need the little things to put us in our place and help us feel grateful for what we have. Also LOVE the pictures of your little boys although Colman isn't very little anymore. He is getting so big, and Teegan is so adorable in that last picture. I just want to squeeze him. Haha sorry this is so long.

Amber said...

I need to stop and enjoy this season, too. I keep just wishing for summer back...before too long, fall will be over and I'll be wondering why I didn't enjoy it while it lasted! Anyway, love your cute pictures and wish we were there with you!!!!!!!!!
Love you all!

Valarie said...

Megan, what a wonderful post. I guess we all have to enjoy this season before the cold hits! Cute pictures...