Monday, August 18, 2008

Simple Pleasures

So this blog is a bit random, but I know if I don't blog this morning, it won't happen for another week. We are in the middle of packing right now. I can't believe we are already leaving Grand Forks. It will be sad to leave good friends. Luckily we will only be an hour away, and when you need a break from the quiet hum of Grand Forks, please come visit us in the thriving metropolis of Fargo! :)

Well, the past week has brought us a few simple things that Phil and I have enjoyed:
On Saturday night, we had the most spectacular sunset. Phil decided to be artistic and get the fountain in front of our complex in the picture too. I think it turned out pretty cool!


One of Phil's friends found our blog, and when we were checking out their blog, they talked about these rice crispy treats. We thought we would give them a whirl, and wow, were they delicious!

Here is the recipe:
Extreme Toasted Marshmallow Candy Bar Rice Crispy Treats
2 batches Rice Crispy Treats (I don't really need to post that recipe, do I?)
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
3 Cups Mini Marshmallows
10 Mini Twix, chopped
10 Mini Snickers, chopped
Make Rice Crispy Treats and press into pan (it will be filled close to the top). Preheat broiler on oven. Sprinkle chocolate chips and marshmallows on top. Place on middle rack in oven and broil until marshmallows are golden. Make sure to watch because this happens very fast. Add on candy bars. Let cool for 30 minutes to an hour before serving. So good!

Okay so this picture is funny, I know. The other day, we saw this truck parked outside, and Phil insisted on taking a picture. I feel like the truck should add "Welcome to North Dakota" along the side. In Phil's words, "How much more redneck can you get?" Oh, and yes, those are antlers on the front! :)


This picture is mostly for my mom and sisters. Do any of you recognize this doll house? A few hints: Rocky Mountain Christmas Shop, Park City, about ten-fifteen years ago. Okay that is the doll house that I used to just stand there and drool over. I loved it! Funny thing, the owner of the store (previous owner) is one of my friends here and she was moving so she gave the doll house to another friend's daughter. I went over for a BBQ (thanks again Valarie!) and there it was, in all it's glory! It made me laugh! (Do I need to remind you that I titled this blog Simple Pleasures?)


Well, I can't blog without adding my boys! The other day I found Coleman in front of the fridge with a cube of butter in one hand and digging in and eating with the other. Kids! You gotta love 'em!


Here is my darling Teegan. He has started showing off his smiles the past couple weeks. I can't help but smile back!

10 comments:

The Robisons said...

I am so glad that you guys liked those treats...I find a TON of yummy recipes on Picky Palate (look under my favorite web sites on my blog for the link) Where are you guys moving to? Good luck with everything!

WhiteFamily said...

Megan - Teegan is so so cute! I love the blanket he laying on too. Coleman is so mischevious! Hopefully River doesn't take any lessons from Coleman while we are together at moms. River likes to pick the butter off his toast and veggies...but doesn't eat the cube yet. I love all the random pictures. And tell Phil good job on the sunset picture. It does look really awesome! Good luck with the move...can't wait to see pictures of the move!

Heather and Justin said...

Ok I can't wait to make those treats! They look like they are right up my insane sweet tooth alley! I loved this blog, makes me think of all the simple things that happen everyday that make me smile. We will miss you here in GFK! Good thing the Holidays are coming soon so I have lots of reasons to head to Fargo. We will miss you terribly, and Maggie already misses Coleman. Which by the way she has been shouting the entire time I was reading your latest post.

K. Bitton said...

I didn't know you guys were moving again...we want you to move back to Idaho! =) Your boys are so dang cute!! Teegan is getting bigger! It's so much fun when they start to smile! He is a cutie!

Stephanie said...

Good luck with the move Megan! I loved the sunset picture and hearing all the family updates. Surprisingly I've met a handful of very nice people from Fargo, (not surprising that they're nice, but that I've met more than 1) so I'm sure it will be another great experience!

Chelsea said...

I can't believe about the doll house. I even remember that. It was amazing. How lucky is that girl who inherited that! I'm jealous.

Holly Erhard said...

MEGAN! WOW we miss ya guys! Look at Teegan! I love that smile! And at least coleman didn't take the butter and smear it all over the carpet this time!!! haha!
Hope all goes well with your move and hopefully it doesn't suck too bad!

Melissa said...

Oh, your boys are growing like weeds! Teegan is so stinkin' cute. The redneck truck pic is funny, when we were in Moab we saw a Honda Civic with a hitch pulling a trailer...some people's kids, I tell ya!

Amber said...

Megan - I love the simple pleasures post...Cute pictures of the boys - - what is with little kids and butter? Tyson always wants sour cream, butter, and cool whip as a side item (not on top of anything) on his plate. These Mott kids are dairy lovers. I hope your move went well. You're probably tired of being in a mess - I really hate those 2 weeks it takes to pack, and then unpack and organize. But, you guys are a lot more organized than us. Anyway, we miss you guys - can't wait to see you in a few weeks - YAAA! :)

jen.nie said...

oh i think i'm going to have to try that treat it looks sooo yummy