Monday, December 20, 2010

December Fun 2010

I am feeling like I can't catch my breath. We seem to constantly have somewhere we need to be, or something that needs to be done! Yikes!

At the beginning of the month, we celebrated Phil's birthday. Unfortunately he had to work, and even ended up working two hours of overtime. Poor guy! When he got home, we headed to dinner at 5 Guys Burgers and Fries (of course!). Then we came home to open presents and eat cake and ice cream. Coleman and Teegan had so much fun "bumping" Dad on the head and helping him blow out candles! We love you Daddy! Hope you had a fun birthday! :)

The next day, we were able to go to Coleman's preschool and watch a short Christmas program. I felt a little silly that I didn't dress him up in anything "Christmas-y". Oh well! The program ended with Santa Claus stopping by for a visit. Coleman thought that was pretty neat! He is growing up so fast!

That weekend, Phil was working his 24 hour shift at the hospital, so the boys and I went looking for something fun to do to pass the time. We went to a little block party and the boys were able to see Santa Claus, meet Prancer, and were entertained by the "balloon guy".

On Tuesday we headed down to Utah to spend some time with family for the holidays. When we first got to Grandma and Grandpa Roylance's, they were anxious for us to open our gifts. They got the boys these motorized scooters, and took them to Grandma's school so they could ride them through the halls. We had lots of fun playing games, making hot air balloons, and eating yummy food.

The next couple nights were spent with Grammy and Grumpy. While there, we headed to Thanksgiving Point to see the lights and the reindeer, we also helped Grammy make lots and lots of sugar cookies, and we crashed their ward party so we could see Santa Claus (again)! :) We learned how to play new games and again, ate lots of yummy food!

On Saturday, we headed to Andrew and Kendra's for lunch. The guys all watched the BYU game while the girls played games. Afterwards, we headed to Salt Lake for dinner at Buca di Beppos, and to see the lights on Temple Square.

We had lots of fun, right up until the point where we lost Coleman. I stopped to snap a picture with him standing right next to me, and I guess he kept walking. We start searching for him, and end up running into my family. I was so grateful because that meant we had more people to help us search. I finally found him. It had only been about 5 minutes, but it was 5 minutes too many. He was wandering around crying. Poor thing! We finally got everyone back from searching, but then it was time to go. We had to drive back that night so Phil could be at church on Sunday.
While driving home, the roads weren't too bad, except for the ten miles before Burley. Which of course, is where we did a 360 and slid off the road. It was a very long 10 seconds. Phil was such a calm driver through it all, and the boys slept through the whole thing. Phil and I keep talking about it, and it was such a miracle the way it all worked out. We didn't hit any poles, ditches, other cars, etc. and our car seems totally fine. We were so blessed. When we got home at 1 am, I don't think either of us have felt more relieved and happy to be back.

Well hopefully I won't disappear off the face of the earth again, or I guess off the face of the blogging world! Merry Christmas to you all!

1 comments:

Amber said...

Wow, Megan, I heard about Coleman getting lost at Temple Square, but I hadn't heard about the 360 on the way home!! YIKES! That sounds so scary! I'm so glad you were okay - - and that you came down to visit for a minute before Christmas. We'll really miss you guys this weekend...enjoy your little Christmas together! We love you so much!!