We have been keeping busy this last month. A good kind of busy! The weather was beautiful Mother's Day Weekend and while we were out running errands, we drove by a Car Show, and Phil wanted to check it out. (Not exactly MY kind of activity, but I got to enjoy the sunshine!) On Sunday, Phil made me and some friends Dutch Oven dinner. It was so yummy! Thanks Sweetheart! Phil and the boys gave me a cute dress, a sweater, a shirt and some perfume! I was so spoiled! I LOVED being able to wear my new dress to church that day. It was perfect! 
That next week, Phil had off (the original plan was to be moving into our house, but that didn't work out). I decided to put him to work by refurbishing our kitchen table! And WOW was it work! I think we made like 5 trips to Lowe's, 2 trips to Home Depot, and a whole bunch of trips to eat out!
We started by taking apart the table and chairs, and then stripping the varnish off. (Except for the table top-that we just wanted to leave the same.) Then it was onto sanding and re-gluing some of the chairs. Then we painted, and sanded again. Next came the antiquing. I sanded down all the edges and applied the stain. Then we put on 2 coats of the polycrylic (top coat). And to finish, we reupholstered the seats. Whooo! I'm tired!
But I LOVE it! I think it turned out really cute! However, I think next time, we will just go out and buy a new table! (Especially since we only paid $250 for this table 5 years ago!)
We took off one of our work days and spent the morning on a bike ride with Jordan, Jess, Blake and Kaybree. We rode to one of the parks and let the kiddies play. Afterwards, we went to lunch at Westside Drive-In. HEAVEN!! Love that place!
At the end of the week {while waiting for paint to dry} we drove past Maverik, and saw that they were having their big Grand Opening. So we stopped in to check out the HUGE monster truck, get our faces painted, and some free balloons! That evening, we drove out to Emmett, ID. I kept hearing about how nice of a town it was, and about all these houses with 5+ acres, and I wanted to check it out. We were amazed when we entered the valley! It was BEAUTIFUL! The town was very small town america, and maybe just a bit run-down, but Phil and I loved it! We drove up to Black Canyon Reservoir to collect some free firewood, and look around. At first I thought it would be a fun place to go camping, but after a run-in with a big snake, and a nasty stink bug, I think I'll pass! We then headed back home, with a quick stop at Cold Stone for dessert!
And I just had to post about this! I was reading a friend's blog and she posted about this super easy Artisan bread. She got the recipe from HERE. I decided to try it out. I only used 1 TBSP of salt and added 1/2 TBSP of sugar. I also used white flour instead of wheat and it was amazing! And definitely the easiest bread I have ever made!
Well, I guess that is all for now! Have a fun and safe Memorial Day Weekend!
13 years ago










2 comments:
Yeah...I'm glad the bread turned out good! I'll have to make it again with those measurements. And you are so inspiring me to refinish my table. It is on my to do list but I am TOTALLY intimidated!! Good job!!
Megan, your table looks wonderful. You always amaze me on how crafty you are!! Looks like you guys are having so much fun!! I'm so happy for you :)
Post a Comment