Its the most wonderful time of the year! I love the snow, especially when we get a ton of it. Last year the snow fall was a little disappointing in Grand Forks. We had a few blizzard watches but they amounted to nothing. Well, this year has started out a little on a brighter note. This is the first blizzard. Apparently it is nothing like the ones in the past, but to us it was totally awesome.
I think we only got about a foot of snow but the "gale force" wind pushed all the snow in the field across the street right into the house. This was at noon on Sunday and the following picture is at dinner time. At this rate we won't be able to see out of the door by midnight.
I braved the storm for a few minutes to take a picture, but the wind and the snow gusts curbed my gusto to shove out our cars. I really hope there will be more storms of this magnitude in the future because I LOVE SNOW!!!! Oh yeah and I almost forgot, it is currently -11F but with the wind chill it feels like -42F.
7 years ago










15 comments:
HOLY COW!!! I've never seen anything like that! I don't think I've even seen pictures like that. AMAZING! I love days like that, too. Enjoy shoveling out...
That is AWESOME!!!!We just might have to come visit!!! He could do a snow angel standing up!! Please go vote on our blog!!!
I love me some snow but no negative degree weather and crazy wind.... Hopefully you guys won't have a storm like that when we are driving through!! That would suck for us and a HUGE penske truck! haha!
Oh my gosh! You make me feel guilty for complaining about the snow here...we got like a couple inches the other day. :) I can't believe those pics! So crazy...oh, and who posted this? Phil or Megan?? Who is the snow lover???
Um...yeah, so I totally just stole a pic from your blog and put it on ours. :) I hope that is ok...if not, seriously...let me know! Love you guys! Oh, and I need your new address for Christmas cards. Could you email it to me at:
lordofthedance4@yahoo.com
THANKS!
Let it snow...let it snow...let it...oh wait I think that is enough!!!Sure hope you don't have to go anywhere for a few days. That is awesome. I would love to be snowed in for a few days even a few hours would be great. Merry Chrismas!
That last comment would be better spelled, Merry Christmas! I need a new keyboard.
CRAZY WEATHER!!! I wouldn't be going ANYWHERE for a few days! Good luck with getting the cars out of the garage...good thing you have one! Did you ask Santa Clause for a snow blower? It does look like fun!
I can't believe the snow! Enjoy it if it ever warms up enough to go out in it!
Wow I thought our Balcony was bad! We have like 2 feet of snowed piled up out there but yours by far makes ours look so tiny!
Now I know why you didn't mind being house bound yesterday! My goodness what happened down there makes our end of things look like a little snow shower! I can't believe how that little drive can make such a big difference. I hope you are still enjoying all the snow because we all know it isn't going anywhere until May!
Wow Megan, That looks so awesome!! How exciting, I love when it snows too. I bet Phil got a great workout from shoveling!
Phil I am looking for your address to send you a Christmas card. Can you call or email me it please?
Ryan
HOLY MOLY...CRAZY SNOW STORMS! I can't even imagine, I would feel like I was snowed in. Do you drive in it when there's that much snow? I would be scared to death of getting stranded! Good luck my dear.
Wow! You guys definitely got hit harder than we did. That is one serious drift! Hope your Christmas was warm and cozy!
Post a Comment