Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Phil's Birthday

We celebrated Phil's birthday a couple days ago. He turned 29. It started out as a pretty boring day for him, because he had to work. Birthdays as an adult just aren't as much fun!
We started the celebrating with dinner at Johnny Carino's.

Phil with his oatmeal cake. He wants this cake every year on his birthday. I am just barely learning to make it as good as his mom's! Phil didn't want to blow out candles, but I asked him to reconsider for Coleman's sake!

And Coleman LOVED it!

As Phil opened his gifts, he started with a package from my parents. This is what he pulled out:

I don't think that is going to fit, Phil! After pulling out some adorable pjs for Teegan (I'll post a pic of him in them later.), Phil pulled out this:

Whoohoo! He's rich! $1,000,000! Just kidding, but they did send Phil some real money to spend for his birthday, as did his parents, and I'm sure if Phil was blogging this, he would be saying thank you!

Coleman loved watching Dad open his presents, and decided it was his turn!

Coleman couldn't stop, and helped Dad open his last gift . . . another dutch oven!


I hope you had a wonderful Birthday sweetheart. I love you and wish you the best (as it will effect me) in the year to come!

4 comments:

WhiteFamily said...

Happy Birthday Phil!!! You would enjoy blowing out candles more if you had fancy firework candles like they have here. Hope you had a great day!

Brooke said...

Phil, I was thinking of you on Monday, and I'm sorry I didn't send you a real birthday email. I was really hoping to have the twins on that day. But instead Dr.'s and more Dr.'s. I'm sure you know the drill. Unfortunately babies are still not here at least worse case scenario only 12 more days to go. :) I hope your birthday was fantastic, and I love the little outfits your in-laws sent. Too funny! :)

Giles Fam said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PHIL!!!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday to Phil! We are horrible for not even calling!!! Where are our brains? Anyway, I hope he had a great day! Love you guys!