We have been enjoying some of the holiday festivities this week starting off with seeing the lights at the Botanical Gardens. We began the night with dinner at the Harris' (Thanks again-it was delicious!). We then drove the half hour to downtown Boise to see the light display at the Gardens. It was so pretty! And FREEZING cold! I don't really want to complain about cold temperatures after living in ND, but 8* is too cold to be outside looking at lights in Boise, ID! After our little escapade, we had to end our night a little early due to nearly frostbitten toes and fingers!
On Saturday, we went to a free event put on by a shopping center near us, and had lots of fun! The kids were able to see Santa Claus, write him a letter, have some milk and cookies, see Santa's big red firetruck, play games at a fitness store, and received free hot chocolate from the coffee shop! Teegan thought the firetruck was awesome, and LOVED sitting in the driver's seat. Coleman, however, freaked out (which is uncharacteristic for him when it comes to firetrucks). Later that day, we were shopping at a furniture store, and Santa Claus stopped by to make a visit there, too. Teegan decided he had enough with Santa Claus for one day, and was instantly trying to bail off his lap! Silly Boy!
Well, it was lots of fun, and we hope you are all enjoying the holidays too!
7 years ago










4 comments:
Megan you guys look SO COLD!!! I think it is a good thing we are coming home in the summer so we can adjust back to freezing temperatures...brrr!! I love the picture of Coleman with his hot chocolate...it must be good! Glad you are enjoying the festivities around! Wish we were there with you!
I'd get sick of santa clause too if I were teegan. ha ha. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Dj and I almost went up to the temple square lights on a 10* night but I bailed. Couldn't do it so I can't believe you guys actually dared the cold. Love ya.
I remember the lights at the gardens - so pretty! But that is way too cold! We haven't done hardly any Christmas activities - - my kids haven't even seen a Santa yet...so sad, huh! We're going to try and catch a few things this week. Anyway, sounds like you are having fun - I'm so glad! PS - I got my ornaments yesterday - - - SOOOOO FUN!!! They are all so unique and fun. I love it! Thanks for organizing, shipping, etc. - - I owe you for the shipping $. Thanks a ton!
Looks like loads of (cold) fun! I'm not sure Dani will like seeing Santa...think we'll wait till next year. Would you mind emailing me your address? melissar.gray@gmail.com
Your boys are getting so big!
PS. I haven't checked out your blog for a while...super cute!
Post a Comment