Friday, April 25, 2008

Mr. Mischevious



Coleman has turned into someone I don't know. He rarely gets into things that he knows he shouldn't. However, in just this past week, he has done quite a few. My favorites are the butter, and the bread. The butter was really naughty. I was upstairs finishing something on the computer and Coleman heads downstairs. I hear him get into the refrigerator and I just figured he was pulling out one of his sippy cups. (That is all he has ever done before). When I was finished, I head down stairs and in the middle of my living room is a yellow monster. He had found the tub of butter, pulled it out, painted his dump truck, smeared my living room floor, and of course, covered himself. Have you ever tried to get butter out of carpet? Not fun! Anyway, it was kind of funny, but I just couldn't believe he had done it. At the time, I was too upset to take pictures. Sorry you don't get to see the mess.

The next one, he did yesterday after I had made bread. Phil and I were watching a movie and it was getting close to dinner time. I could hear Coleman in the kitchen, and decided to go check out what he was doing. When I came in, he had this huge smile on his face and a handful of bread crumbs. He had started digging a hole in the bread and eating it. I had to laugh! I felt bad that he was hungry and we were just sitting there being lazy parents watching a movie! Oh well! I love you Coleman!

7 comments:

Dave & Aimee said...

Haha he is a cute Mr.Mischevious! Your lucky his is only now becoming mr.mischevious. I think that Dawson was just born that way! Good luck :)

Abby said...

It's like a switch turned on for Hyrum too! All of a sudden he was getting into things! I bet trying to get A&D ointment out of carpet is pretty similar to butter.
I'm impressed you make bread!

K. Bitton said...

How funny! If you still have butter in your carpet I bet Jeff might have a good suggestion...:) I can't believe how soon you are going to have your baby! Do you usually go early? You will have to keep us posted on that:) Coleman is getting so big I can't believe it! What a cute little monster;)

WhiteFamily said...

The bread thing is funny! Do you usually cook all your loafs and then freeze them? I was making it and then freezing the dough and it takes FOREVER to rise once you take it out of the fridge. So is it easier to just cook it and then freeze? Anyway-hope you are having fun in Utah.

Angi Gerrie said...

That is awesome... for the readers and not you... sorry, but I got quite the laugh out of it!

Valarie said...

Some day that will be a really funny story! Want to borrow my carpet cleaner? :) We'd better not let him and Jake get together or they'll get into some serious mischief....

Giles Fam said...

Oh wow...just thinking about trying to get butter out of carpet stresses me out! It's crazy for us to look at Coleman and think that is what Cali will be like in year from right now (since they are almost exactly a year apart) Good times ahead! Good luck, and let me know if you do get it out...I may need to know how for in the future :)